Skip to main content

A Poem about Guidance!





Retrospection
It pleads, it calls,
it shouts and wails
Till all I can hear
is a faint hoarse,
a whisper and nothing more
The calling continues

The first step
Uncertain and confusing,
yet natural and instinctual
Glancing to seek
that nod of approval
To go forth and leap
into an endless abyss

Covered with a dark veil
of traditional dubiety
The serenity underneath
was left unexplored
Chaos, abruptness,
anxiety and stress
My faithful comrades
left me alone

The path is thorned,
unlit and slender
But with a torch in hand
the next step is clearer
It's hard to move forward,
if one tries to run
And easy to walk,
If steps are none, but one

Reflection
Beware of comfort,
fairs and beauty
For they can lead
even the teachers astray
O Reader!
Read and memorize
Climb is hard
the summit, a reward
The dive, easy
But the flight, death
.............
.
.
.
.
.
.
Onion

Comments

  1. Good one, dear Kamikaze!
    One of the very few ways a marathon can be run is to focus only on taking the next step. To think of taking only one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two childhood buddies on an unexpected Adventure

  The topic of my story is... Disclaimer : This is not a journal. Neither it’s a guide for the travelers. This is a story for the one who longs for adventure. It’s a tale of two friends on a journey. We are at around 14000 ft above sea level. It’s nearly midnight and we are driving through a dense cover of clouds. Actually, my friend is driving. I am just sitting in the passenger seat, wrapped up in a blanket looking at the road. Or what seems to be the road. The clouds condenses on the wind screen of our car and changes into rain. The fog is so thick that it’s hard to see anything beyond a few feet. The road is no ordinary road. It’s the highest paved international mountain road of the world. There is absolutely no barrier to one side and a sheer rock wall to the other. It’s scary, like being in a scenic nightmare. But, I’m too tired and sick to feel scared anymore. At the highest point of the pass we stop at the check post to cool down the brakes. My friend goes to take a leak an

The solitary life of an INFJ

I am a sheet of paper White  blackened by words  Phrases smeared across Idiosyncratically irregular  _ I am a predator Preying my hunt, grazing,  Edging nearer  I hear a gunshot  And darkness _ I am a sailor in a ship  Fearing high tides  Lighting, darkness and water  A calm ocean  My wet dream  _ I am everything  around me. Lost, I find myself  In words

The Blessings of Diseases

My insides are burning. The anesthesia is not helping. I can feel the tube go inside me. Sliding on my tongue through the throat into my oesophagus. It feels like a slimy creature with thorns making its way down to my stomach. I start to gag. It's a reflex of the tube touching my epiglotis on its way down. I want it to be quick. Lying there, feeling helpless and in pain reminds me of the first time I was in one of these chairs. A Flash. I am seven years old. A couple of my milk teeth were having difficulty in falling off. So I have to visit the dentist. He is a stout bearded man with a kind personality and a limping gait. I am relieved when I see that we are not at my Father's friend clinic who is our regular dentist but is not very gentle with teeth. The dentist now masked, tells me to watch the cartoon on TV as he starts to work inside my mouth. I remember feeling disrespected at being told to watch TV. Always being a bit too old for my age, I felt to be treated like a grow